- School district ratings reveal continuing trend of charters underperforming traditional public schools
- Reflections on the rally for public education:
- Dan Patrick’s unfunded plan for school finance and teacher pay is not a serious proposal
- Senate voucher scheme holds school funding hostage
- Federal court ruling deals another mammoth blow to the misuse of standardized testing
- Texas AFT reaches lawsuit settlement with TEA Commissioner Mike Morath on teacher evaluation requirements
- Private-school voucher bill hearing set for Tuesday at the state Capitol
- Thousands of educators to gather on Capitol steps Monday to “Stand Up for Public Schools”
- Legislation targets teacher dues payments in attempt to silence protests against privatization, lack of school funding
- Statement on 'school choice'
Texas AFT in the News
- CORPUS CHRISTI (KIII News) – The President of the American Federation Of Teachers paid a visit to Corpus Christi Thursday. She took a tour of Roy Miller High School.
- SAN ANTONIO — The results of a first-of-its kind statewide teacher survey didn’t draw enough participation, said critics…