- Federal court ruling deals another mammoth blow to the misuse of standardized testing
- Texas AFT reaches lawsuit settlement with TEA Commissioner Mike Morath on teacher evaluation requirements
- Private-school voucher bill hearing set for Tuesday at the state Capitol
- Thousands of educators to gather on Capitol steps Monday to “Stand Up for Public Schools”
- Legislation targets teacher dues payments in attempt to silence protests against privatization, lack of school funding
- Statement on 'school choice'
- Dan Patrick’s war on kids continues with ‘bathroom bill’
- Special Education survey reveals yet another example of how Texas is underfunding services to our most vulnerable children.
- Monday press conference: public education advocates to speak out against voucher schemes by any name
- Statement on school finance ruling
Texas AFT in the News
- CORPUS CHRISTI (KIII News) – The President of the American Federation Of Teachers paid a visit to Corpus Christi Thursday. She took a tour of Roy Miller High School.
- SAN ANTONIO — The results of a first-of-its kind statewide teacher survey didn’t draw enough participation, said critics…