After West Virginia, after Oklahoma, after Colorado, after Arizona…
Texans, it’s our turn to stand up for public education and hold our state leaders accountable. Enough is ENOUGH.
That is why we are proud to announce that on May 19th Texas AFT, Mike Collier, and Texans for Public Education, will be holding a rally for public education for all teachers, parents, students, and all those who care about public education across the state of Texas.
Saturday, May 19
Noon to 2 p.m.
Discovery Green in Houston
Stand up for a first-class public education system and hold our leaders accountable. It is time we tell our state leaders that we as Texans will no longer settle for underfunding our schools, low pay for educators, and health-care costs that are driving educators out of the profession.
Please share the event and invite all of your friends, family, and colleagues. If you’re a Facebook user, you can RSVP on the event page.
Speakers (in approximate order)
- Louis Malfaro, President, Texas AFT
- Lisa Dishongh, Teacher, Union Leader, Channelview ISD
- Sybil Hunter, HISD Food Service Employee, HESP Union Leader
- Troy Reynolds, Founder, Texans for Public Education
- Students Zoe Nansen (Carnegie Vanguard High) & Sophie Cardenas (High School for the Performing Arts)
Randi Weingarten, President, American Federation of Teachers
- Scott Milder, Former Lt. Gov. Candidate, Co-Founder, Friends of Texas Public Schools
- Mike Collier, Candidate for Texas Lt. Governor
- John Ogletree, Cy-Fair ISD Board of Trustees
- Charles Foster Johnson, Pastors for Texas Children
Lillian Morkazel, Houston ISD teacher
- Zeph Capo, President Houston Federation of Teachers, HCC Board of Trustees
- Juliet Stipeche, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner’s Education Advisor
- Donna Howard, State Representative
- Ernest Bailes, State Representative
Jon Rosenthal, Candidate for State House District 135
- Justin Nelson, Candidate for Attorney General
pol. adv. pd. by Texas AFT COPE