Are you social media savvy? Ready to advocate for public education with your fellow union members? Sign up for our Texas AFT Digital Organizing Squad.
Building representatives, executive boards, and local union leaders support members and grow our union of educators and employees every day on our school campuses, at school board meetings, and at the Legislature. But we know — especially in a time of pandemic — that we need to show up and build power in online spaces too.
Texas AFT’s Digital Organizing Squad is a statewide group of members and leaders who show they’re #UnionStrong and that #OurWorkIsPowerful in online discussions and digital spaces.
What Does the Digital Organizing Squad Do?
DOS members aren’t solely social media ambassadors. They help us organize school employees online and build momentum for public education priorities:
- Promote local, state, and national action campaigns on social media
- Engage in online conversations with Texas public school employees who may not be members of our union yet
- Drive priorities in the Texas Legislature through online activism, including public comments on bills or virtual testimony
- Help with statewide member outreach by text or email campaigns
Is This the Right Fit for You?
If you’re interested in flexing your muscles with online activism, we’d be happy to have you on the Digital Organizing Squad. Ideal DOS members meet the following requirements:
- Active on at least 1-2 major social media platforms
- Willing to use your voice openly online to advocate for educator and union issues
- Excited to learn new technologies and tools to help build our online power
- Able to attend 1 virtual meeting each month (with occasional rapid-response meetings)
- Are a member of a Texas AFT local union or the Associate Membership Program
If that sounds like you, fill out our online form to sign up. We add new members on a rolling basis, and someone will be in touch with more information.