Texas AFT proudly endorses two public education allies in the House District 118 special election on Sept. 28: Katie Farias and Frank Ramirez.
Early voting has begun in this special election and continues through Friday, Sept. 24. Election Day is Tuesday, Sept. 28.
Here’s why educators endorse both of these candidates.
Why Educators Endorse Katie Farias
- Katie currently serves as a trustee on the Southside ISD school board.
- Katie is a dedicated community volunteer at Gallardo Elementary.
- Katie is a staunch advocate for the full funding of our public education system and has been a vocal advocate.
- Katie will fight to provide the necessary resources for a full and robust education for Texas kids.
Why Educators Endorse Frank Ramirez
- Frank is determined to restore funding to our public schools and make sure public school funds are NEVER cut to balance budget shortfalls.
- Frank will advocate for increasing teacher salaries and resources to support training and teaching expenses.
- Frank supports a “13th” check for retired educators.
- Frank will advocate against threatening school accreditations based on student performance on standardized tests.
Pol. Adv. Paid for by Texas AFT COPE