Texas AFT will host a Professional Issues Day on Saturday, June 17, during our biennial convention, and you’re invited to submit a workshop proposal. All workshops will take place at the Downtown Doubletree Hotel in El Paso.
This is your day to highlight best practices and also collaborate and learn with colleagues from throughout the state. If selected, the presenter will receive a $300 flat stipend for one workshop. If the workshop is repeated at the convention, $50 will be added to the stipend. This covers everything: prep time, the presentation, and materials needed. If you will be traveling from outside the El Paso area, an additional $300 will be provided to help pay for travel costs (hotel, air, mileage, etc).
Previous workshop topics have included:
- Beyond Stress Management: A Union Approach to Work-Related Stress
- Helping Children Grieve
- Bullying in the Workplace
- Paraprofessionals and School-Related Personnel: Advocating for Your Profession
- Teaching Economics In Elementary Classrooms
- Reading Comprehension
- Using Social Media In The Classroom
- Autism In The General Education Classroom
- Thinking Math II
- Managing Antisocial Behavior
(Feel free to submit a workshop proposal on topics covered in the past.) Deadline for submissions is March 24.