Texas AFT will host a Professional Issues Day on Saturday, June 13, during our biennial convention, and you’re invited to submit a workshop proposal. All workshops will take place at the Omni Colonnade in San Antonio.
This is your day to highlight best practices and also collaborate and learn with colleagues from throughout the state. Each presenter will receive a $300 stipend for the presentation, materials needed, and any travel or hotel costs incurred. Presenters should plan on workshop length of an hour and 45 minutes.
Previous workshop topics have included:
- Beyond Stress Management: A Union Approach to Work-Related Stress
- Helping Children Grieve
- Bullying in the Workplace
- Paraprofessionals and School-Related Personnel: Advocating for Your Profession
- Teaching Economics In Elementary Classrooms
- Reading Comprehension
- Using Social Media In The Classroom
- Autism In The General Education Classroom
- Thinking Math II
- Managing Antisocial Behavior