Thanks to the successful passage of the American Rescue Plan, tens of millions of American families covering nearly 60 million children will begin to see their much-needed first monthly Child Tax Credit payment hit their bank accounts (for 86% of families) or arrive in the mail today or in the next few days.
Just four months after passage, the first monthly child tax credit payments are being delivered and will continue on the 15th of every month this year going forward. This effort will help lift so many children across our country out of poverty
- This is a one-stop-shop for information about the CTC.
- IRS Non-Filer Tool –
- The IRS portal allows people who are not automatically enrolled in the CTC to sign up for the CTC and any economic impact payments they may have missed, even if they are not applying for the CTC.
- Someone not filing for CTC can still file just for the economic impact payments through the non-filer sign-up tool.
- Q&A About the Advance Child Tax Credit Payments
- ZIP Code-Level Data on Eligible Non-filers from the U.S. Department of the Treasury
Posters, flyers, and other support material for distribution to friends and co-workers:
- Advance Child Tax Credit Payments Poster
- Advance Child Tax Credit Payments Start July 15 Poster
- CTC Flyer (English and Español)
If you are experiencing issues:
- Call the IRS Child Tax Credit call center is 1-800-908-4184. The phone lines are least crowded in the mornings. If the matter doesn’t get resolved, try another time with another agent.
- Reaching out to your Congressional offices has been helpful as some have dedicated inboxes related to the IRS.
- Try Tax Advocate Service – They only take certain cases and will want to confirm that you’ve tried other avenues.