Administrative Support Staff Position
Fort Bend AFT
Posted January 6, 2021
Fort Bend AFT is a union that represents school employees in the Fort Bend Independent School District. The Administrative Support Staff position is a 20-hour per week position that assists with the organizing and servicing of members and supports office operations and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain information systems, including Connect, Constant Contact, and Bill Highway.
• Answer basic member questions and determine when to move a concern or question on to the union president or service rep.
• Perform basic office tasks such as answering phones and taking messages, helping to organize the office space and materials, and copying/printing.
• Adhere to office procedures regarding confidentiality.
• Receive and direct visitors.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
• Proficiency in word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), presentation software (PowerPoint), Constant Contact, electronic mail and scheduling
• Computer savvy
• Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
• Likes to learn new things
• Quick on your feet
• Able to speak with members in a professional manner
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Skill in the operation of office machines and equipment applicable to the position • Understand the goals of the organization
• Experience in handling a wide range of administrative support related tasks preferred
Salary: Negotiable, $17-18/hour
Please submit resume and three references to Dianne Gutierrez at email@example.com