Who We Represent
Texas AFT represents all non-administrative certified and classified public school employees in traditional public schools and some charter schools. We represent the interests of teachers, counselors, librarians, diagnosticians, custodians, cafeteria workers, bus drivers, nurses, teaching assistants, clerical employees, and the other men and women who work so hard to make our schools work. We also represent employees in universities, colleges and community and junior colleges.
What We Offer
- $8 million professional liability insurance
- $20,000 job-related legal defense
- $12,000 no-cost life insurance (new members only)
- $25,000 accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Group rates for supplemental health, disability, accident and hospital insurance
- Low-cost pet insurance
- Preferred- rate auto and homeowners insurance
- Discounts at more than 4,000 hotels and four car rental companies nationwide
- More Benefits…
Easy Access to Texas AFT Attorneys
When you need a lawyer, you want quick response from knowledgeable and experienced attorneys. Texas AFT’s attorneys are specialists, and our toll-free hotline and 38 offices across Texas mean help when you need it. Such service provides both peace of mind and protection that could save your career.