In the wake of the shooting in El Paso, our local unions there continue their work to ensure our school employees are equipped to help students heal and provide a support network for the future. The workshops (for CPE credit) on October 24 and 26 are open to all but will be limited to 30 participants with preference given to AFT members. In the workshops you will:
- Develop content expertise in psychological trauma.
- Understand how exposure to violence impacts children’s brains, bodies and behaviors.
- Practice strategies to protect children from the impact of violence exposure.
- Explore multiple approaches to worker wellness.
- Explore strategies to cope with trauma and burnout.
- Learn steps of building a trauma-informed school.
Part 1 – October 24, 5-8 p.m. (light dinner provided)
Part 2 – October 26, 8 am. – 4 p.m.(breakfast and lunch provided)
WHERE: El Paso AFT Federation Building, 4024 Trowbridge Dr.
- You can also register by E-Mailing Kathy Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you attended Part 1, last month, you need only attend Part 2.
- There are 30 seats. All are welcome, Priority is to EP AFT members and TX AFT members.
4. The two Workshops generate 11 CPE Hours.